Friday, May 22, 2009

I'm totally an old lady.

So,
We had an evacuation drill this week at my school. In order to prepare for grave disasters. The real disaster was the 8th graders. WHO WILL BE IN HIGH SCHOOL SOON. I was sickened by how ridiculous they were during the drill, how none of their teachers tried to control them, and how the stupid, yea I said it, principal just walked on by. I would have been screaming. Not because I think children should be seen and not heard. No, far from it if you know me, but rather I think that respect and responsibility should be taught to everyone regardless of your age. It was a drill, yes not a real emergency but dear god, how will they act then! And what kind of person in charge lets a whole grade level act like immature brats. I mean I was seriously embarrassed. It bothers me since I really have started to care about my Middle School students and I want the best for them. I admire who they are, I try to teach to them in a way that fits their individual needs and I'm such a good listener. But if you can't get a bunch of 13 to14 year olds to calm down for a few minutes during a drill then what kind of leader are you? I guess I'm old school in my ways sometimes. I really can't wait until school is done since I'm starting to get sick of everyone. Only 18 so more days to go!

No comments: