Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My great depression.

I have struggled with depression nearly all my life. And recently it has tried to creep its way back into my life. It starts off small like trouble sleeping, frustration at things beyond my control and just the desire to lie in bed watching foreign films all day. Usually when my life is transitioning this strange beastie appears. I'm working hard to counter its effects like with writing, my various art projects, visiting friends, and general self-care. I am however fascinated by how this thing is always out of reach, like something in the corner of my eye that when I turn my head to face it, it has disappeared. Who knows. These are the thoughts in my head this morning as I sip coffee, watch the rain drizzle and figure out what I'm doing today since I didn't get a call for a sub job.

No comments: