Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Foreign films and photos.

Sometimes I think that there is a wheel in my brain with all of my interests or obsessions written on it. And I give this wheel the occasional turn and the arrow lands on that word and that is what I am focused on. I think this because I seem to return to the same obsessions over and over again. Like films. I have been fascinated by foreign films for years now. I'll go threw these crazy spells where I rent like 5 of them at once with 8 on order from the library and then I just watch them for days. Then the fever will die down and I'll continue onto something else. But foreign films always returns. Same with photography. I absolutely am enthralled by photography but it seriously comes in waves. Take for instance this recent wave. I borrowed a magazine from a friend. Inside the editor's letter spot, they had included a list of female photographers. So I start thinking about photography again. And then I'm driving looking at the sights like possible photographs which makes me think about black and white film, which makes me think about foreign films and then I realize the wheel has begun turning again. It really is quite remarkable.

No comments: