Saturday, February 16, 2008

The cloud has lifted.

After a week long battle with flu and the depression, anxiety, insomnia that accompany it, I feel once more alive and refreshed. I spent the morning cleaning my room and making plans for this spring. And I must say that nothing makes me happier than a list and a project. Here is what I have so far:

1. start Hatha Yoga up in Graham with my mother.
2. finish a small painting.
3. buy a Holga camera.
4. visit out of state friends and reconnect with those nearby.
5. buy some new clothes.
6. find some sort of volunteer position for one day a week.
7. have Meredith, Zac, and Israel give me a cooking lesson.
8. go to Seattle a few times.
9. maybe do another issue of Magpie.
10. go to the ocean.

I can smell spring in the air, just around the corner here and it is beautiful. Make some spring goals of your own and don't forget #4 on my list! I miss a lot of you!

1 comment:

Kale Iverson said...

Ok, so now what I want you to do is think back to the things that you did and thought that contributed to your recovery? Is it possible that you can become the driving force in maintaining the health and state of mind that you enjoy?

Magpie,

Your thoughts can change the world, they can, at least, change you for the better.

Peace as always and think warm thoughts and you will be well!