Sunday, November 9, 2008

If you continue, go to page 27. If you go back, go to page 8.


Remember the "Choose Your Own Adventure" books?
They had interactive stories that the reader would decide every so many pages.
Like there was one I read about a unicorn or something and one of the first decisions was whether or not to help the troll. If you didn't want to you turned to page 3 where the story ended but if you did you turned to page 5 where you ended up going somewhere and later making more choices.
Some of these stories were rather scary and the death of your character was just around the next corner. As a child, I'd sometimes look for the ending I wanted and try to work my way backwards to figure out how to get there.
I read lots of these when I was younger and recently came across a "free box" of books. Free is one of my top ten favorite words. So of course, I dug through the book and ended up with an armload of books including some more "Choose Your Own Adventure."
I read them and realized that while I absolutely love this series. I don't really need to hang onto any more.
I'm now choosing my own adventure everyday! (How's that for a good wrap up?)

2 comments:

The Arnolds said...

I used to LOVE those books!

Kale Iverson said...

Me too, I remember all those covers too.