Sunday, April 27, 2008

Six months from today,

I will be thirty years old.

And I am so excited, I can't stand it.

I was scared to turn 20, even my golden age of 27 was nerve racking but this was all since I was uncertain as to who I am. Don't get me wrong. I'm still learning. I'll continue to grow, make mistakes, change,etc. But as I woke up this morning, looked at my alarm clock that has the date as well, I felt tremendous peace. Yes, I'm living with my parents, I have no full time secure job, I have barely any money saved, I'm single, all that other stuff that is considered "successful" or "what you should have/be doing." However, I don't care! Not one bit! I'm happy with who I am, made peace with my past, love my life and am living in the present. I have a creative, purposeful important career, a passion for art, amazing family and friends, a caring heart, and a delightful laugh. These are what matter to me. And I see the next 30 years continuing in this fashion. I'm glad to reach this monumental age.

I must say I also feel the next six months need some sort of project. As like a count down. I know that Polaroid film is on the way out so maybe I could utilize its finality with the finality of my twenties...Hmm...

No comments: