Thursday, October 4, 2007

I can't even think of a title, I'm so angry.

I was in middle school during 1990 to about 1993. I hated it. I felt like I didn't belong anywhere, I was trapped in a place I couldn't get out of, that the only thing that mattered was if boys liked you or not (which they didn't, I wouldn't be "liked" until 9th grade) or that this was hell on earth. And in the first time in over ten years, I had the pleasure of visiting this hell once again. I subbed for a dear friend, Jacob, who teaches art at a middle school and I seriously thought I would die. I screamed, I shouted, I did the whole "i'm a cool lady" routine and all I discovered was that I pretty much hate, yes HATE, the 11-21 demographic of our world, too much attitude. Ladies and gentlemen, I was beaten to a bloody pulp! Yes, I never have been that girl. The girl that the tough kids, cool kids, whatever kids like. I have a baby face and am totally a white girl. Therefore, everyone, regardless of age, thinks I'm "not down with it." This pisses me off to no end. But, what bugs me more is that this stupid segway into evilville aka Middle School has gotten me this upset. That I feel the need to even respond this horrible day or to just acknowledge that I was in Middle School. I'm done. I'll be angry the rest of the night and then tomorrow I will wake up, hopefully after 9 not 5:30am like this morning, and have forgotten all this mess. Cause after all I've got attitude!

1 comment:

microshak said...

those little bastards. if you sub for me, i'll threaten them big time before you get there, i promise. AND i'll leave notes about which kids should be given ONE chance to succeed and then quickly sent to the office if they don't listen to you. i've got a couple that are way beyond getting warnings....

they're evil, but as soon as they know you really mean business, they'll straight up.... for the most part.

(and your blog isn't dumb. it's just long overdue!) ;)

have a bottle of wine tonight, and then take yourself out to breakfast tomorrow around 11am and get a bloody mary or 3 for me. you've earned it!