Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I hate teaching...well not really.

Today was insane. I subbed in a fourth grade classroom. This is the oldest group of kids I've dealt with ever...til tomorrow and I sub for a friend at a MIDDLE SCHOOL!!! But back to today. These children had spunk and a lot of it. I don't think I was that feisty in fourth grade, I'm not even sure I'm that feisty now! I feel exhausted but also slightly satisfied. Satisfied since I found out my "teacher stare" transcends age groups. Not only can I tell a kindergartener I mean serious business with my eyes but I can make fourth graders stop cold. So much power. I'm sure those who have never seen me teach can hardly believe that meek and mild Hillary can turn into bold and controlling Miss Thoren! I feel like Clark Kent and Superman!

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

oh i believe it! teaching makes you do all sorts of things you weren't sure you were capable of. it just happens! it's so weird, too, when it does! i've surprised myself a lot! sometimes things just come out of my mouth, and then later i'll be like "woah, did i just do that? i really do mean serious business!" heh

good luck with the middle school kids tomorrow! Remember: don't take any crap from them!