Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Sometimes I wish I was a French Buddhist.

Some days are truly awful.

And I wish I didn't feel so much, reveal so much, understood impermanence, and was not so ruled by my emotions.
I don't usually complain but these are things making me feel awful today:

overdue student loans

health insurance ending soon

no money--maybe 13 dollars, right now.

missing friends or not hearing from people

feeling fat and receiving my driver's license in the mail with a picture that makes me look like a puffy chipmunk

getting lost for an hour while trying to drop off my brother

feeling like I'm a professional babysitter not a teacher

feeling like I'll never move out again

stupid stuff from the past

letting all these things bother me and not quite knowing how to fix them or feel better

ten days to my birthday and feeling very low

complaining about trivial things while "real issues" are all around us in the world

enough.

2 comments:

microshak said...

i can totally relate. i think we all have crappy days like that. (fortunately, we still get to look forward to our wine & Law & Order nights) ;)

Miss you.

Chrissy said...

oh MAN! Mike keeps logging into his Google account on my computer, which pulls up his profile when I go to your blog because he doesn't sign back out!... and I keep posting as him!

geez!