Friday, May 16, 2008

I'm drunk with power.

This is a list of sentences I made some 5th graders write today since they talked too much during math. Normally they have to write each sentence 100 times but I just made them write each once and then add another sentence of their own creation.

1. Miss Thoren is a crazy old lady who makes us write sentences when we talk too much.

2. We could not prove her wrong. (I told them to "prove me wrong and not end up writing sentences").

3. We irritated her and she got revenge.

4. Even though we are in 5th grade, we cannot be quiet when a teacher asks.

5. Miss Thoren is a beautiful, smart, and excellent teacher.

6. I should buy her a present.

7. (This was their own sentence. I got things like "I should listen to Miss Thoren." Or "I'm sorry I talked so much." etc,etc.)

Yes, this was silly and yes I wasn't really that concerned with the talking. But I had threatened.
And when I threaten, I mean it. They loved it in the end...plus they ended up with an extra recess so don't feel bad for them!

No comments: