Sunday, January 13, 2008

What the magpie found

Okay, so this is my attempt at some sort of weekly fixture. I love the name so will see if I can make the features just as wonderful...


HVT STORY OF THE WEEK
This is old but I needed something to start this off.
During the holidays, my family decided to have a movie day. We went out to eat and then were going to see movies. It ended up being my mom and dad went to one and Houston and I went to another. Now getting any of us to agree on a movie is like deciding who owns the West Bank but somehow we did it. I convinced Houston that we should see "Sweeney Todd." I told him the basic premise and he likes anything with violence or bloodshed. We bought our tickets before dinner and then were going to walk over from the restaurant. As we entered the lobby, I said to Houston, "I hear Johnny Depp does all his own singing in this." Houston stops in the middle of the lobby and nearly shouts, "SINGING? THERE IS SINGING???" He had no idea that "Sweeney Todd" was a musical. People are moving past us, Houston mutters swear words under his breath, I am panicking...Finally, he says "Okay, this better be good, or you're dead," and walks forward. The verdict: He liked it!


THE MASTER AND THE MAKEUP
Okay, so most girls start wearing makeup around age 12. I'm not most girls. I figured out yesterday that I didn't really start wearing mascara until college and eyeshadow until my student teaching days. I'm a late bloomer. So recently I started experimenting with eyeliner. Here are some of the results.
It is very funny to me that at nearly 30, I finally start becoming interested in things that most girls did in middle school.

CURRENTLY LOVING

Kate Nash's "Made of Bricks"

"The Freedom Manifesto" by Tom Hodgkinson

Working out again after so long. Colored Pencils




That's all for now but stay tuned. Next week there will be another!











1 comment:

Kale Iverson said...

I want to know "WHY" you're currently loving said things and what said things are all about so that I might move myself towards possibly becoming interested in expanding my horizons.
Love the weekly feature by the way, how was Sweeney Todd? Make up freaks me out, especially when you see Hollywood stars without any, ahhh!
I'll check out said Kate Nash and get back to you, dealio?