Sunday, January 20, 2008

What the magpie found

HVT STORY OF THE WEEK

okay so it is more of a story about me but Houston is in it. Houston and I have this joke (Well, really I think it is our joke and he just tolerates it.) that he is a "scragglemuffin." This is what I call him when he hasn't shaved in weeks, his nails are getting long, and he is just generally unkempt. (By the way, there is nothing wrong with this look, I fully support it, I just need something to tease him about.) Recently I decided that the scragglemuffins need a newsletter and that Houston is co-editor. It really is funny to mention this to him because he gets rather put out or laughs and says that I am a lunatic. Maybe some future posts will be scragglemuffin newsletter excerpts.

THE MASTER AND THE MAKEUP

This week I got a manicure. I have done this before but usually for some one's wedding or graduation. This time it was for pure glamour. My nails are painted a classic red and I absolutely love it. However, a manicure makes one realize just how much you use your hands. Now normally I have the excuse of "I'm an artist, I use my hands a lot." This still is viable but I've come to understand just how much I use my hands. I talk with my hands ALL THE TIME. I cannot tell anything without some sort of motion or waving for emphasis. I also tap the beat of music quite frequently. Either on my leg, steering wheel, or with a pencil. I touch my face a lot. And I play with my hair too much. All of this and much more do I subject my hands to on a daily basis. I really need to think about using my feet more!

CURRENTLY LOVING

Goldfrapp--great group from England who have a new CD coming out soon. Check out "Supernature" for sure but "Felt Mountain" and "Black Cherry" are also good. Their music reminds me of the James Bond movies' themes

Veggies--this seems like a no-brainer but I really have been having more vegetables lately. Like the veggie skillet I had for breakfast today. Fantastic!

Monk--I bought my Mom like 3 seasons of this show on DVD for X-mas and it is great. He is a super-smart detective like my boy Robert Goren or Sherlock or Columbo but he has OCD and several phobias. It is very funny and charming.

BONUS

Count how many times I use the word "just" in this post!
Or older posts.
Winner gets a just reward...haha.

No comments: